From the moment you see the Lake Hawea Community Centre, you’ll know you’ve found the perfect venue for your wedding or function.
Located a short stroll from the lake front and surrounded by majestic views of the Southern Alps, the Lake Hawea Community Centre provides the perfect setting for your wedding or event. Offering rooms to accommodate large parties (up to 400 people) that opening up onto the cricket pavilion means the centre is a sought after venue for weddings, fashion shows, speaker nights, community events and parties.
Situated in the centre of Lake Hawea Township, the venue is 15 km from Wanaka and just one hour from Queenstown.
On entering the centre there is a large foyer for welcoming guests which leads into the main hall and the function room. These rooms can be hired separately or combined to form one large entertaining area.
- 300 square metres
- 300 people maximum capacity
- Will accommodate 250 people seated at tables
- Modern commercial kitchen with a walk-in cool room and catering truck access to the kitchen doors.
- Separate bar facilities with easy access to cool room.
- The main hall leads onto a covered deck which has extensive views of the park and mountains.
- 100 square metres.
- 100 people maximum capacity
- Will accommodate 60-70 people seated at tables.
- Has its own separate kitchen and separate bar area.
- The covered deck leading off this area overlooks the bowling green and mountains.
The community centre has it’s own car park on Myra street with 45 carparks, including bus parking and disabled parks.
Located on the Southern edge of Lake Hawea and surrounded by majestic views of the Southern Alps, the spectacular setting for your Lake Hawea wedding awaits.
The Lake Hawea Community Centre provides the perfect setting for your wedding reception. The Main Hall is light and airy with a patio leading out to the cricket pavilion; a great space for your reception and evening party for up to 240 seated guests.
A short stroll away are outstanding lake front ceremony sites along with a myriad of options for stunning photograph backdrops, creating the perfect venue for the most memorable day of your life.
With customisable room layout, you will have exclusive use of the venue for 48 hours. (Midday on the day before your wedding, until midday the day after). With its own separate kitchen and bar area, couples are free to choose their own caterer.
- The Lake Hawea Community Centre can accommodate up to 400 people (240 seated)
- Access to the venue from midday the day before your celebration, until midday the day following (48 hrs).
- Outstanding lake front ceremony sites, within walking distance of the venue.
- Exceptional Value
The Lake Hawea Community Centre can accommodate up to 400 people (240 seated), has customisable room layout, and is exceptional value to hire.
Hire rates include:
- 40 modern trestle tables (190 x 85cm)
- 250 chairs
- Cutlery for 200+ settings
- 200+ large dinner plates, side plates, dessert bowls, coffee cups.
- Wine glasses, water glasses and carafes. (Champagne flutes will need to be hired.)
All the glassware, crockery and cutlery can be used in either room.
The centre also has its own data projector with a short throw screen, a sound system and options of fixed, cordless or lapel microphones.
Schedule of charges
(all inclusive of GST)
Charitable: a local incorporated society, charitable organisation, school group or not-for-profit sports, art or cultural group hiring the facility for a charitable purpose. Proof of charitable status may be required.
Standard: a private hire where no tickets are sold and no other trading is undertaken.
Commercial: any hire that is deemed neither a standard nor charitable event.
|½ day / 6 hour||230||450||800|
|Full day / 12 hour||400||720||1400|
|Wedding (48 hrs)||–||2500||–|
|½ day / 6 hour||200||300||700|
|Full day / 12 hour||320||600||1000|
|Wedding (48 hrs)||–||2000||–|
|½ day / 6 hour||80||200||320|
|Full day / 12 hour||150||320||450|
|Wedding (48 hrs)||–||900||–|
Cleaners (if needed): $40 per hour
We contacted the hall early on in our wedding plan process and we found the committee very helpful and accommodating. They showed us pictures what it could look like, helped with ideas and locations for photos. We had the hall for a number of days, which is great when everything is so stressful. They also let us view the hall a number of locations and also took measurements for us. I recommend this location and recommend anyone that needs to use it.
Please call or email if you would like to make a booking.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have regarding the Community Centre so do not hesitate to drop us a line.